Seachem StressGuard 500ml
StressGuard is the premium slime coat protection product. StressGuard will reduce stress and ammonia toxicity whenever handling or transporting fish. StressGuard binds to exposed protein in wounds to promote healing of injured fish and to reduce the likelihood of primary and secondary infections. StressGuard is compatible with all medications except those that are copper based. StressGuard is not amine based and will not interfere with Purigen or HyperSorb regeneration. StressGuard does not coat resins or clog filtration like competing slime coat type products can. What makes StressGuard very successful at healing is the fact that it contains protein active colloids. This protein active colloidal agent actively seeks out any wounds, abrasions, or places where exposed proteins are and attaches to this area to help directly deliver the disinfectant in the product and start the healing process. This protein active colloid, because it binds to the exposed proteins, also acts like a liquid bandage to the abrasion. Some products are marketed to be squirted in the bag when a fish is purchased. Those products are generally acidic, with some brands being a very strong acid. Putting such a product in a small, enclosed container with a fish often does more harm than any intended good. StressGuard has a pH of 7.0. It will not affect the pH of an aquarium, even at large doses. There are no other products on the market that can compare to the effectiveness of StressGuard.
- Directions Use 1/2 1 capful (2.5 5 mL) to every 40 L (10 gallons*) daily until signs of stress have abated or healing is complete
- Dose may be safely doubled.
- Will reduce stress and ammonia toxicity
- What makes StressGuard very successful at healing is the fact that it contains protein active colloids.
- There are no other products on the market that can compare to the effectiveness of StressGuard.
Flat Rate Shipping: $5.95
Each extra Item $1